For this card I made the 3D peony - don't be afraid, it really is easy. I created a video to show you how to put it together. Once you've done it once, you'll realize how easy it is! You can check out my video on my Youtube channel.
The Peony Garden Designer Series Paper includes the following coordinating colours: Petal Pink, Gray Granite and Basic Gray. I love the combination of Basic Grey and Petal Pink, so that what I chose for this card.
I stamped the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock and then fussy cut it out. Then I adhered it to Petal Pink cardstock and fussy cut around that - just leaving a little peek of colour. I really like the effect.
- Cut Petal Pink cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and score in half to form card base.
- Cut 4" x 5 1/2" and adhere to card base using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut Petal Pink cardstock 3 3/4" x 5 1/2" and adhere to card base using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut Designer Series Paper 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" and adhere to card base using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut Petal Pink cardstock 3 1/2" x 3/4" and cut and emboss using the scallop die. Adhere to card base using Stampin' Seal approximately 2" from bottom
- Cut Shimmer ribbon 3 1/2" and adhere just above scallop piece using Stampin' Seal or Glue Dots.
- Cut 4 pieces for Peony from Petal Pink cardstock.
- Cut 3 large leaf pieces and 3 small leaf pieces from Mint Macaron cardstock.
- Cut 1 centre from Basic Grey cardstock.
- Put peony together using instructions in my Video. Sponge the top of the petals using a Sponge Dauber and Basic Gray ink.
- Use Glue Dots to adhere pieces together. Pop up pieces using Mini Dimensionals.
- Adhere the leaf pieces together using Glue Dots and then adhere to be back of the Peony using Glue Dots.
- Adhere to the left side of the card base using Stampin' Seal.
- Stamp sentiment using Basic Gray ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock.
- Fussy cut out using your Paper Snips.
- Adhere to a scrap of Petal Pink cardstock and fussy cut around piece with your paper Snips.
- Adhere to the card base using Stampin' Seal.
If you live in Canada, I would love to be your demonstrator!
Please be sure to use the current Host Code AZ3TXPWQ to receive a free gift from me. When you place a $50 order (before shipping and taxes) using the Host Code, I'll send you four cards and instructions by mail as a thank you. If your order is over $200, please do not use the Hostess Code as you'll qualify for Stampin' Rewards, but I'll still send you the 4 free cards!