It's Share It Sunday and today I'm sharing a bright and cheery card featuring the Snailed It Bundle. I absolute love this bundle - every card is so bright and cheery! Who can resist the adorable snails and mushrooms!
My card today is a Shutter Fold card. I shared this fancy fold card on a recent Creativity Abounds Blog Hop along with a YouTube video on how to make this fancy fold. Check it out. The card in the video features the Hydrangea Haven Bundle, but the instructions for making the card are the same.
- Cut Poppy Parade cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and score at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8". Fold flaps in to form card base.
- Cut 2 pieces of Bermuda Bay 2" x 5 3/8"
- Cut 2 pieces of Designer Series Paper 1 7/8" x 5 1/4"
- Adhere Designer Series Paper to Bermuda Bay using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere to the 2 flaps using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut Bermuda Bay 3" x 5 1/4"
- Cut Designer Series Paper 2 7/8" x 5 1/8"
- Adhere to Bermuda Bay piece using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut out circle using 2 1/4" Circle Punch in the centre. Save this circle
- Adhere to the inside of the card - apply 1 row Dimensionals to the top and bottom. Do not apply adhesive in the middle.
- Stamp sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and hearts using Real Red Ink on a 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" piece of Basic White cardstock. Punch out using 2" Circle Punch.
- Colour hearts using Dark Real Red Stampin' Blends
- Adhere to the inside of the circle on the inside of the card.
- Cut 2 pieces of Poppy Parade cardstock 3 1/2" x 4".
- Score each at 1/2" on 4" side.
- Use your rule to mark 2" up from bottom on the 4" side - repeat on both sides. Draw a line between marks
- Mark in the centre along 2" line at 1 3/4"
- Draw a line from centre to outside corners to form "V"
- Cut out V.
- Repeat on other piece
- Apply Tear and Tape adhesive to 1/2" score flap.
- Tuck one piece in from the left side and the other piece in from the right side.
- Line up edge of piece with the score line of card base.
- Peel off backing of Tear and Tape Adhesive and fold down card base flap.
- Repeat on other side.
- This forms the shutter mechanism.
- Cut Bermuda Bay cardstock 1" x 11"
- Fold around the card base to form belly band. Do not make the belly band too tight.
- Adhere ends in the middle and trim off excess.
- Adhere 2 1/4 Circle that you punched out to the belly band using Dimensionals with Designer Series Paper side out.
- Cut out envelope from Poppy Parade cardstock. Fold and adhere together with a Glue Dot.
- Adhere to circle using Dimensionals
- Cut out note to go in envelope using Die
- Stamp sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink.
- Adhere in envelope using a Glue Dot.
- Adhere a Red Resin Heart.
- Cut 6" of Pink and White Twine. Tie a bow
- Adhere to envelope using a Glue Dot.
Check out all of the amazing projects in this Blog Hop:
If you live in Canada, I would love to be your demonstrator!
Use the following links to PDF copies of the catalogues:
Please be sure to use the current Host Code GCVQG4YM to receive a free gift from me. When you place a $50 order (before shipping and taxes) using the Host Code, I'll send you a Thank You card by mail and a FREE tutorial featuring Hydrangea Hill by email as a thank you. If your order is over $200, please do not use the Hostess Code as you'll qualify for Stampin' Rewards, but I'll still send you the Thank You card and tutorial!