To get this effect you ink and stamp DIRECTLY ON THE WOODLAND embossing folder. Yes, that's right! It looks and feels, well, weird! when doing but once embossed...gorgeous results!
Here's the card I made.
- You want to apply the ink on the inside of the embossing folder that achieves the raised portions. For this folder it's the inside section where you can see the logos (Sizzix). So holding the folder with the Sizzix logo on the bottom left - open it up and stamp on the top portion of the folder
- Using the Stampin' Up! Ink Pad, wipe the pad directly across the folder - I used Marina Mist for the sky and Pool Party for the snow. I started with the Pool Party and then the Marina Mist. To avoid getting a line at the point the two colours meet - blend slightly
- Stamp background image DIRECTLY to the embossing folder. A darker ink colour than the background pops the image best. I used Garden Green for the trees using the Christmas Tree from Lovely as a Tree. Make sure your stamp is well inked otherwise your trees will be quite light.
- To finish off I added a sentiment in Soft Suede and some Jute ribbon and Linen Thread and adhered to the front of the card.
- Finally I used Clear Wink of Stella on the snow and the trees - it's hard to see in this picture.
- The card base is Garden Green (8 1/2" x 5 1/2" - scored and folded at 4 1/4") and the mat is Marina Mist (5 1/4" x 4").
Can you think of other sets to use with this technique? I can't wait to try!