I love the colour combination in this card I created using the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stampset - Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green and Flirty Flamingo. I can't say this was necessarily an intentional colour choice, but as I started thinking about the card, it was the one that came to mind. I really like the result.
Now check out the final project. Isn't this pretty and so "Spring-y"!
This stamp set is retiring when the new Annual Catalogue is released in June. Now is the time to get yours if it is gone!
Here's the instructions so that you can make this card for your self.
- Cut Bermuda Bay card stock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and score in half to make card base.
- On a 3 3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock, stamp flowers and vines along left and bottom edge
- I stamped the Flirty Flamingo flower in the left corner first and the added the leaves in each direction. Then stamp the flower and more leaves and so on until the edges are complete.
- For the inside of the flower, I "stamped off" (lightly touch your inked up stamp on a scrap of paper and then stamp your image) to create a lighter colour for the middle.
- Stamp the Bermuda Bay flowers in the bottom left. Stamp off for the middle of the flower
- Stamp random leaves in Granny Apple Green
- Adhere random sequin to the card front
- Adhere the stamped card front to the a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Granny Apple Green card stock using Snail
- Adhere to the card base using Snail.
Please be sure to use the current Host Code NYHHY6AN to receive a free gift from me. When you place a $50 order (before shipping and taxes) using the Host Code, I'll send you four cards and instructions by mail as a thank you. If your order is over $200, please do not use the Hostess Code as you'll qualify for Stampin' Rewards, but I'll still send you the 4 free cards!