Today's card features the Amazing Life stampset. I thought it was perfect to use this stampset after the amazing weekend I had attending the Stampin' Up! OnStage event in Vancouver. Each year, Stampin' Up! holds 2 events for demonstrators. The global events are held around the world - this year it was in Auckland, New Zealand. Local one day events are held in each regional and I attended the OnStage Local event in Vancouver.
It's always so inspiring to get together with fellow demonstrators. We catch up, stamp together and hear about new products that will be available in upcoming catalogues. You are going to LOVE the Annual Catalogue coming in June! WOW! I can't wait to share it with you.
To start the weekend off, I stayed with some fellow demonstrators at the Pan Pacific Hotel. What a treat. Can you imagine waking up to this view?
Well, technically we didn't wake up to it as it was raining on Saturday, but this was the view on Friday!
Here's a few pictures of the OnStage event.
|The new catalogue! Isn't it pretty!|
|First thing on the agenda - the new catalogue|
|Prize Patrol! I won a new stampset!|
|Sneak Peek of some of the new products|
|Our Team Swap|
Now on to my card for today!
This was fun to make. I used Highland Heather and Blushing Bride as the colour combination.
- Cut Highland Heather card stock 4 1/4" x 11" and score in half to make card base.
- Stamp sentiment using Highland Heather ink on a 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" piece of Whisper White card stock
- Stamp 3 cakes across bottom in Blushing Bride
- Stamp a cake in Blushing Bride on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock and fussy cut the cake (not the candle).
- Adhere to the card over top of the middle cake using Dimensionals
- Colour the cake with Clear Wink of Stella
- Colour the "CAKE" in the sentiment using Blushing Bride ink with a Blender pen.
- Colour over with Wink of Stella.
- Adhere sequin to card front
- Adhere to a piece of Blushing Bride card stock (3 3/4" x 5")
- Adhere to a piece of Whisper White card stock (4" x 5 1/4")
- Adhere to card base.
- Stamp the inside sentiment on a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock using Highland Heather ink and adhere to the inside of the card.
|Wink of Stella makes it sparkle!|