My card features the Accented Blooms stamp set from the Annual Catalogue. I love this stampset - it's perfect for the beginner stamper, the casual stamper and the avid stamper. I'd say my card is for the avid stamper as it incorporates heat embossing.
For this card, I stamped the image in VersaMark and then sprinkled by with Black Embossing Powder and heated. I sponged the flower images with Poppy Parade using a Sponge Dauber and coloured the leaves using Pear Pizazz using a Blender Pen.
Did you notice the ribbon and wonder where Poppy Parade ribbon came from? Here's my new favourite technique! You can colour any ribbon using a Stampin' Blends alcohol marker.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black card stock (4 1/4" x 11") in half to form a card base.
- Use the Embossing Buddy to a piece of 3 3/4"x 3 3/4" Whisper White card stock. Stamp the flower image in VersaMark on a piece of Whisper White.
- Sprinkle with Black embossing powder and use the Heat Tool to "melt" the powder.
- Sponge the flowers with Poppy Parade ink using a Sponge Dauber.
- Colour the flowers using Pear Pizazz with a Blender Pen.
- Stamp the sentiment using Poppy Parade and punch out with the Tailored Label Punch
- Adhere to the embossed image using Dimensionals
- Adhere to Poppy Parade card stock (4" x 4")
- Adhere to the card base
- Colour a piece of Silver Metallic thread using the Dark Poppy Parade Stampin' Blend. (TIP - make sure that you put a piece of paper underneath your ribbon as the ink will bleed through).
- Adhere around the card base using Snail.
- Adhere 3 Faceted Gems over the seam.
- Stamp the inside sentiment using Poppy Parade ink on a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Whisper White cards stock.
- Adhere to the inside of the card.
If you live in Canada, I would love to be your demonstrator! You can click on the supply list below to order any of these items through my online shop.
Please be sure to use the current Host Code FGVKUG26 to receive a free gift from me in February. When you place a $50 order (before shipping and taxes) using the Host Code, I'll send you four cards and instructions by mail as a thank you. If your order is over $200, please do not use the Hostess Code as you'll qualify for Stampin' Rewards, but I'll still send you the 4 free cards!