I’m so excited to be featured in this month’s International Highlights Top Ten Winners Blog Hop hosted by Kylie Bertucci. I was selected to participate in this hop by finishing in the top ten of the August 2020 International Highlights. Thank you to everyone who voted for my card! The theme for the International Blog Highlights is "Thank You"! I decided to feature the Snowflake Splendor Product Suite which has the perfect "Thank You Snow Much" sentiment! You can check out my card and the other amazing cards here.
Today I'm sharing a double gatefold card I created featuring the Poinsettia Petals Bundle. I've had so much fun playing with gatefold cards over the past few weeks and the Poinsettia Petals Bundle is perfect to create a beautiful card! I added the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper, Forever Gold Laser-cut Specialty Paper and the Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper to perfectly accent the beautiful poinsettia.
|I love the Beaded Pearls! They add the perfect accent to the flower!|
Be sure to stop by and check out the beautiful creations by the other artists from around the world, just click on the list of names below.
- Cut 2 pieces of Real Red cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and score both at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8". Fold on the score lines to form card base.
- Cut 2 pieces of Designer Series Paper 2" x 5 3/8". Adhere to the left and right hand sides of card bases using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut 1/8" off of the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" side of the left panel
- Adhere the left panel to the right panel using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut Whisper White cardstock 4" x 10 3/4". Score at 5 3/8" and fold in half to form card base.
- Stamp poinsettia on front using Real Red ink.
- Stamp sentiment on inside using Real Red ink.
- Adhere to the inside of the card base using Stampin' Seal.
- Stamp sentiment using Real Red ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Fussy cut around words using Paper Snips. Adhere to the bottom right of the card base using Dimensionals.
- Cut Real Redcardstock 1" x 9 1/2". Wrap around card base and adhere ends together in middle of front of card using Stampin' Seal. Trim off excess. TIP: You don't want to have the band too tight as it will make it hard to get on and off of the card.
- Wrap gold cord around band twice and adhere with a Glue Dot or Stampin' Seal.
- Cut out 3 poinsettia petals using dies. Use your bone folder or fingers to gently bend the petals.
- Adhere the petals together using a Dimensional between each layer.
- Add Beaded Pearl to centre of flower using a Glue Dot.
- Adhere to band using Dimensionals.
- Fussy cut out leaves from Plush Poinsettia Paper and adhere to back of Poinsettia flower using Glue Dots
- Adhere gold accent leaves to back of Poinsettia using Glue Dots
Virtual Holiday Retreat
I'm partnering with Diane Evans (Stampin With Diane) to bring you a Holiday Virtual Stamping Retreat. We're really excited! While we'd all like to be able to get together to stamp, that just isn't possible yet, so we're partnering to bring you 12 hours of fun! The date will be September 26! The event will be hosted on Zoom as well as streamed to a private Facebook Group for the Make and Take Sessions.
The cost is $100 which includes:
- TWO stamp sets - In The Pines and Ornamental Envelopes
- 6 Make and Take projects (includes the supplies, but you provide the adhesives and inks) and PDF instructions
- Pillow gift
- Prizes throughout the day
There will be a raffle (tickets are extra) for a large Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine, Stamp set and Dies Bundle and other prizes (depending on the tickets sold).
Add on Options
- Raffle Tickets: $5 each or 3 for $13
- Pine Woods Dies $54.35
- Envelopes dies $54.35
When you register, select the options that you want. Diane or I will be in touch with the information about payment (e-transfer, cash or cheque).
Click here to register! Registration and payment is due by September 7th so that we can get your stampsets and Make and Take Kits delivered/mailed to you.