It's time for another Festive Friday Challenge and I'm excited to be part of the Design Team! Every second Friday we post a challenge for you with a specific theme and a Inspo List of 10 items to choose from to create your project. We encourage you to create a project based on the theme and Inspo List and then post it using at least 3 items from the inspiration list.
This week’s challenge #FF0065 is National Dog Day on August 26th. Your goal is to simply on your project and link up! #festivefridaychallenge At Festive Friday, you do not need to actually celebrate the occasion. I hope you’ll make a card, scrapbook page or 3-D item and join us. You don’t need a blog to enter Festive Friday. Check out this link on how you can play along with this challenge. If you want help entering, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be happy to help you!
For today's challenge, I selected red, black, baker's twine, heart, paw print, dog, and loyalty/love sentiment from this week’s Inspo List. I hope you will join us in our challenge this week. I can’t wait to see what YOU create.
Here's my card featuring the Pampered Pets Product Suite from the Annual Catalogue. This suite is so much fun!
|I had fun making this peek through card.|
|Use Baker's Twine to suspend the adorable dog in the window.|
|A cute bow and heart around his neck to finish him off.|
- Cut Basic Black cardstock 4 1/4" x 11" and fold in half to form card base.
- Cut Real Red cardstock 2 1/4" x 4" and adhere to the card base 1/8" from the top and sides
- Cut Designer Series Paper 3 1/2" x 4" and adhere to the card base 1/8" from bottom and sides
- Cut a circle from the card base in the middle of the Real Red and Designer Series Paper using the 2 1/8" circle.
- Cut 2 circle rings from Basic Black cardstock using the largest stitched circle die from the Stitched Shapes Dies. Cut the middle from the circle using 2 1/8" circle die.
- Adhere one circle ring to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Stamp dog image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Whisper White cardstock.
- Stamp dog image using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on your silicone mat and then stamp from the mat onto Whisper White cardstock. This creates the reverse image.
- Colour both dogs using Light and Dark Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends.
- Cut out dogs using Dog Die
- Cut a 3" piece of Baker's Twine and adhere to the back of the front facing dog using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere the back facing dog using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere the Baker's Twine to the back of the card using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere circle ring to the back side of the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Cut off the excess Baker's Twine.
- Attach heart to ribbon and tie a small bow and adhere to the dog using a Glue Dot.
- Stamp sentiment using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on a 1/2" x 1 3/4" piece of Real Red cardstock.
- Punch ends using Banners Pick a Punch.
- Adhere to card base using Dimensionals
- Cut Whisper White cardstock 4" x 10 1/2" and fold in half. Adhere to the inside of the card using Stampin' Seal.
- Stamp hearts through circle on the front of the flap using Real Red ink. Colour hearts using Dark Real Red Stampin' Blend (TIP: Use your silicone mat to protect the inside of the card as the Stampin' Blends will bleed through).
- Colour using Wink of Stella.
- Stamp dog bowl on the inside of the card.
If you live in Canada, I would love to be your demonstrator! The August to December Mini Catalogue launched on August 4th. If you haven't received a catalogue yet and you live in Canada, I'd love to send you one. Send me an email and I'll get one in the mail. In the mean time, you can check out the this PDF link.
Please be sure to use the current Host Code GTSDDZ27 to receive a free gift from me. When you place a $50 order (before shipping and taxes) using the Host Code, I'll send you four cards and instructions by mail as a thank you. If your order is over $200, please do not use the Hostess Code as you'll qualify for Stampin' Rewards, but I'll still send you the 4 free cards!