It's time for another Festive Friday Challenge! Every second Friday we post a challenge for you with a specific theme and a Inspo List of 10 items to choose from to create your project. We encourage you to create a project based on the theme and Inspo List and then post it using at least 3 items from the inspiration list
This week’s challenge #FF0067 is First Day of Fall on September 23rd. Your goal is to simply on your project and link up! #festivefridaychallenge At Festive Friday, you do not need to actually celebrate the occasion. I hope you’ll make a card, scrapbook page or 3-D project and join us. You don’t need a blog to enter Festive Friday. Check out this link on how you can play along with this challenge. If you want help entering, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be happy to help you!
For today's challenge, I selected leaves, stitching, gold, green and brown from this week’s Inspo List. I hope you will join us in our challenge this week. I can’t wait to see what YOU create.
I used the Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle to create my card - what's more fall than beautiful sunflowers! To frame the sunflower, I created a stitched frame two largest dies from the Stitched Rectangle Dies and popped the frame up with Adhesive Foam Sheets. The piece I cut out from the centre provides a beautiful background for the sunflower.
|Such a pretty card in Bumble Bee and Early Espresso|
Vellum cardstock, Forever Gold Laser Cut Specialty Paper and Mossy Meadow leaves provide the perfect embellishment.
You can check out the instructions and supply list for this card below.
- Cut Early Espresso cardstock 4 1/4" x 11" and fold in half to form card base.
- Cut Bumblebee cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and cut out frame by playing largest and second largest rectangle dies from Stitched Rectangles Dies together. Cut out frame.
- Apply adhesive foam strips along edges and adhere to card base.
- Stamp small sunflowers in top right and bottom left corners of cut out rectangle using Early Espresso ink (stamped off twice). Adhere to card base using Stampin' Seal.
- Stamp sunflower on a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Colour using Stampin' Blends - Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody and Crumb Cake.
- Cut out using large sunflower die.
- Stamp 2 leaves on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. Colour using Mossy Meadow Stampin' Blends.
- Cut out using leaf die.
- Cut out 2 detailed leaves from Mossy Meadow cardstock
- Cut out 2 of each size of sprig from Vellum cardstock.
- Apply coloured leaves, detail leaves, sprigs and Forever Gold Laser Cut Specialty Paper leaves behind sunflower using Glue Dots.
- Adhere to card using Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment using Early Espresso ink on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock. Fussy cut around the sentiment using your Paper Snips.
- Adhere to a scrap of Bumblebee cardstock and fussy cut around the sentiment leaving approximately 1/8" using your Paper Snips.
- Adhere to cardbase using Stampin' Seal.
Mega Autumn Tutorial Bundle
Virtual Holiday Stamping Retreat
I'm partnering with Diane Evans (Stampin With Diane) to bring you a Holiday Virtual Stamping Retreat. We're really excited! While we'd all like to be able to get together to stamp, that just isn't possible yet, so we're partnering to bring you 12 hours of fun! The date will be September 26! The event will be hosted on Zoom as well as streamed to a private Facebook Group for the Make and Take Sessions.
The cost is $100 which includes:
There will be a raffle (tickets are extra) for a large Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine, Stamp set and Dies Bundle and other prizes (depending on the tickets sold).
Click here to register! Registration and payment is due by September 7th so that we can get your stampsets and Make and Take Kits delivered/mailed to you.
Shopping with Me!If you live in Canada, I would love to be your demonstrator!
You can check out the Annual Catalogue using this PDF link.
You can also check out the new August to December Mini Catalogue using this link.
Please be sure to use the current Host Code 44EHK9MY to receive a free gift from me. When you place a $50 order (before shipping and taxes) using the Host Code, I'll send you four cards and instructions by mail as a thank you. If your order is over $200, please do not use the Hostess Code as you'll qualify for Stampin' Rewards, but I'll still send you the 4 free cards!
Don't forget to use your bonus coupons!