Thanks for stopping by! I hope you are keeping healthy and safe and are finding time to be creative!
Today I'm participating in Kylie's Demonstrator Training Blog Hop. I'm so excited to be part of this training program and happy to in this Blog Hop with amazing Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from around the world. The purpose of the group is for the group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators that are part of the program...to share ideas and to learn from each other...to help us in our Stampin' Up! Business.
Today you will "hop around the world" and check out the amazing projects created by these very talented demonstrators. You are currently visiting Melva Peters from British Columbia, Canada.
My card today features the Whale of a Time Product Suite. This time I've created a window spinner card - I'm not sure if that's the official name for this technique, but that's what I call it! The whale spins in the opening!
This bundle is so much fun to create with! Isn't this whale adorable!!
Please take some time to check out all of the amazing creations from around the world:
- Cut Just Jade cardstock 4 1/4" x 11" and fold in half to form card base.
- Cut Whisper White cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"
- Cut Pool Party cardstock 3 3/4" x 5".
- Layer these pieces together on the front of the card (do not adhere them yet) and cut Circle from these 3 layers using second largest circle from Layering Circles Dies. TIP: You may have to run your die through your Die Cutting Machine a few times as you are cutting through 3 layers.
- Cut a circle frame using the second larges circle and the largest circle. Cut the largest circle first and then cut the smaller circle next from the circle .
- Emboss the Pool Party piece using the Seabed Embossing Folder.
- Adhere to the Whisper White cardstock piece using Stampin' Seal.
- Stamp the whale image on Just Jade cardstock using Just Jade ink - stamped off once.
- Stamp dots on whale using Just Jade ink.
- Punch out using Whale punch.
- Adhere the fin using small pieces cut from Dimensionals.
- Punch a second whale, fin and spout from Just Jade cardstock.
- Stamp whale image on a silicone mat and press the cut out whale over the ink - making sure that you have turn the whale over first - you want the stamped image to be the back side of the whale so you need to stamp the mirror image of the front side.
- Cut a small piece of Window Sheet and adhere the spout pieces to the front using Glue Dots. Adhere the spout pieces to the back of the window sheet using Glue Dots.
- Trim around pieces.
- Adhere the piece of window sheet to the back of stamped whale using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut a 4 1/2" piece of Linen Thread and adhere to the back of the stamped whale - leaving the same amount of thread overhanging on each side.
- Adhere the second whale to the back of the stamped whale using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere green rhinestone from Holiday Rhinestones to the whale eye on both sides.
- Using a Glue Dot on the top and bottom, adhere the linen thread to the card base.
- Adhere the Whisper White/Pool Party pieces to the card base catching the Linen Thread using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere the circle frame over the opening using Multipurpose Liquid Glue or Stampin' Seal.
- Trim off the excess Linen Thread if necesarry.
- Cut Whisper White cardstock 4" x 5 1/4". Adhere to the inside of the card using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut out a circle from Designer Series Paper using the largest circle die. Adhere to the inside of the card in the circle opening.
- Stamp plant using Just Jade ink in the bottom left hand corner of inside.
- Wrap ribbon around card front and adhere to the bottom right hand side using Glue Dots.
- Cut a small piece of ribbon and tie a knot on the left hand side.
- Cut a 1 5/8" circle from Just Jade cardstock using Layering Circle Die.
- Stamp sentiment on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock using Just Jade ink.
- Stamp fish over sentiment using Just Jade ink (stamped off).
- Cut out using smaller circle die that fits sentiment.
- Adhere to Just Jade circle using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere to card base on bottom right using Dimensionals.
- Adhere sequin to the card base.
- Colour whale and spout using Wink of Stella
Mega Autumn Tutorial Bundle
World Card Making Day
Come join me on October 3rd from 1-5pm Pacific to celebrate World Card Making Day. I'm co-hosting an afternoon where we'll have demonstrations and prizes. There is no charge for our event and everyone is welcome. Join the Facebook Group today!
Shopping with Me!
You can check out the Annual Catalogue using this PDF link.
You can also check out the new August to December Mini Catalogue using this link.
Please be sure to use the current Host Code 44EHK9MY to receive a free gift from me. When you place a $50 order (before shipping and taxes) using the Host Code, I'll send you four cards and instructions by mail as a thank you. If your order is over $200, please do not use the Hostess Code as you'll qualify for Stampin' Rewards, but I'll still send you the 4 free cards!