Happy World Card Making Day! I'm so excited for today! It's a day to do what we all love - making cards! Whether you're spending the day in your craft space alone making cards or gathering with creative friends (in person or virtually), I hope that you'll have fun!
If you don't have plans, please join me at 1pm Pacific! I'm co-hosting a Facebook event from 1-5pm PDT today along with Diane Evans! We'll be doing demonstrations throughout the afternoon and giving you tips and tricks in making some beautiful cards. Plus, they'll be prizes for being there with us and commenting as we're live! You can join us on our Facebook Group!
I wanted to share a couple of cards I made using the split technique.
|This is how I stamped the piece before cutting it in half|
- Cut Whisper White cardstock 5 1/4" x 8"
- Stamp images in the middle of the sheet - you can extend them along the bottoms or go diagonally from one corner to another - it's up to you!
- Cut the sheet in half so that each piece measures 4" x 5 1/4"
- Stamp a sentiment on each piece
- For these cards, I added an extra cardstock layer so I trimmed my pieces to 3 3/4" x 5", but you don't have to do this.
- For an extra layer, cut cardstock 4" x 5 1/4"
- Adhere stamped piece to this layer using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere a piece of ribbon around bottom of card and adhere to the back using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half to form cardbase.
- Adhere stamped layer to the card base using Stampin' Seal.