I'm excited to be participating in the Technique Tuesday Blog Hop. Today we're sharing Die Cutting Techniques. For my project, I used the beautiful dies from the Always in My Heart Bundle to create an image that can be coloured.
In fact, the die cut I'm using on this card was created when I used the cut out piece as a stencil for a card I shared in a previous post. Check out that card to get a sense of how the die cut piece was created.
I used the Blending Brushes to colour the die cut piece when I was stencilling for this card - it was too beautiful not to use!
- Cut Real Red cardstock 4 1/4" x 11" and fold in half to form card base
- Cut Basic White cardstock 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and adhere to card base using Stampin' Seal
- Cut True Love Designer Series Paper 4" x 5 1/4" and adhere to card base using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut out detailed heart from die using Shimmery White cardstock
- Colour detailed heart and heart using Real Red in and Blender Brushes. Apply ink until you get the colour you want.
- Adhere detailed heart to the card base using Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Adhere heart using Dimensionals
- Cut banner from Basic Black cardstock using Die.
- Stamp sentiment using Versamark and apply White Emboss Powder.
- Heat with Heat Tool.
- Fold into banner shape and adhere to heart using Dimensionals.
Shopping with Me!
If you live in Canada, I would love to be your demonstrator!
Use the following links to PDF copies of the catalogues:
Please be sure to use the current Host Code 77ZG9DQB to receive a free gift from me. When you place a $50 order (before shipping and taxes) using the Host Code, I'll send you a Thank You card by mail and a FREE tutorial by email as a thank you. If your order is over $200, please do not use the Hostess Code as you'll qualify for Stampin' Rewards, but I'll still send you the Thank You card and tutorial!
Creativity Abounds Day of Inspiration
Join some of the members of the Creativity Abounds Design Team for a day of inspiration February 13th. We'll be live from 8am to 5pm Pacific showing you some amazing products and projects! You can join us on our Facebook Group to view the videos - join us live or watch the videos at your leisure!. There is no charge for this event! Just come and be inspired!
Dandy Garden Mega Tutorial
Your Creativity Awaits