It's time for another Festive Friday Challenge! Every second Friday we post a challenge for you with a specific theme and a Inspo List of 10 items to choose from to create your project. We encourage you to create a project based on the theme and Inspo List and then post it using at least 3 items from the inspiration list.
This week’s challenge #FF0077 is International Polar Bear Day on February 27th. Your goal is to simply on your project and link up! #festivefridaychallenge At Festive Friday, you do not need to actually celebrate the occasion. I hope you’ll make a card, scrapbook page or 3-D project and join us. You don’t need a blog to enter Festive Friday. Check out this link on how you can play along with this challenge. If you want help entering, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be happy to help you!
For today's challenge, I selected blue, silver, vellum, acetate and heat embossing from this week’s Inspo List. I hope you will join us in our challenge this week. I can’t wait to see what YOU create.
- Cut Night of Navy cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half to form card base.
- Cut Mercury Glass Acetate 4" x 5 1/2" and adhere to the card base using Stampin' Seal.
- Stamp light house on Night of Navy cardstock using Versamark ink. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder and heat to melt.
- Stamp sentiment on Night of Navy cardstock using Versamark ink. Sprinkle with silver embossing powder and heat to melt.
- Cut out embossed light house using Die.
- Cut light house from Vellum cardstock.
- Cut out embossed sentiment using label die.
- Cut out label die from Basic White cardstock.
- Adhere vellum light house to bottom left of the card base using Stampin' Seal. Apply adhesive on left hand side of light house - this will be covered by embossed light house so you won't see the adhesive.
- Adhere embossed light house over the vellum lighthouse using Dimensionals - leave about 3/8" showing of vellum.
- Cut Basic White label in half. Adhere pieces to two ends of embossed label using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere to card base using Dimensionals.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team.
Check out my Youtube Video for tips and tricks to make this card. Don't forget to subscribe to my Stamping with Melva YouTube Channel!
Shopping with Me!
If you live in Canada, I would love to be your demonstrator!
Use the following links to PDF copies of the catalogues:
Please be sure to use the current Host Code 77ZG9DQB to receive a free gift from me. When you place a $50 order (before shipping and taxes) using the Host Code, I'll send you a Thank You card by mail and a FREE tutorial by email as a thank you. If your order is over $200, please do not use the Hostess Code as you'll qualify for Stampin' Rewards, but I'll still send you the Thank You card and tutorial!
Dandy Garden Mega Tutorial
Your Creativity Awaits