It's time for another Festive Friday Challenge! Every second Friday we post a challenge for you with a specific theme and a Inspo List of 10 items to choose from to create your project. We encourage you to create a project based on the theme and Inspo List and then post it using at least 3 items from the inspiration list.
This week’s challenge #FF0081 Earth Day.
Your goal is to simply on your project and link up! #festivefridaychallenge At Festive Friday, you do not need to actually celebrate the occasion. I hope you’ll make a card, scrapbook page or 3-D project and join us. You don’t need a blog to enter Festive Friday. Check out this link on how you can play along with this challenge. If you want help entering, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be happy to help you!
For today's challenge I selected blue, earth/globe and ombre to create this pretty card featuring the Beautiful World Stamp Set. I hope you will join us in our challenge this week. I can’t wait to see what YOU create.
I created my ombre background using a Sponge Brayer and Pacific Point ink. Check out my Youtube Video to learn more about how I created this effect.
- Cut Pretty Peacock cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half to form card base.
- Cut Brass Foil 4" x 5 1/4"
- Cut Shimmer White cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (you will trim this after creating the ombre effect)
- Use a Sponge Brayer and Pacific Point ink to create ombre effect. Ink up brayer and start at one end and move up the piece of cardstock. Re-ink and repeat until you get the depth of colour that you want.
- Trim piece to 3 7/8" x 5 1/8".
- Let dry completely before embossing!
- Stamp sentiment using Versamark.
- Apply Gold Embossing Powder and heat.
- Adhere to Brass Foil piece using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere to card base using Stampin' Seal.
- Cut out globe stand and globe from Brass Foil.
- Cut out background circle from Pretty Peacock cardstock.
- Adhere globe to circle using Multipurpose Adhesive Glue.
- Adhere to the card base using Stampin' Seal.
- Adhere globe stand using Multipurpose Adhesive Glue.
- Adhere Gold Glitter Embellishments
You can order all of the products you need to make this card in my Online Store using the Supply List at the bottom.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team.
Annual Catalogue Retired List
Shopping with Me!
If you live in Canada, I would love to be your demonstrator!
Use the following links to PDF copies of the catalogues:
Please be sure to use the current Host Code GCVQG4YM to receive a free gift from me. When you place a $50 order (before shipping and taxes) using the Host Code, I'll send you a Thank You card by mail and a FREE tutorial featuring Hydrangea Hill by email as a thank you. If your order is over $200, please do not use the Hostess Code as you'll qualify for Stampin' Rewards, but I'll still send you the Thank You card and tutorial!